Updated ARIN allocation information

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Feb 1 13:42:20 UTC 2014

While the policy text does not spell out a list of technologies, I believe
that the clear intent of the community from the discussions and from
the examples given in the policy text was for minimal IPv4 allocations
to support the transition process. While no ratio is given in the policy
text, I doubt that a “we have 200 customers wanting to do 6RD” would
be accepted as justification for a /24.

However, I am merely speculating here. I don’t have any direct answers
from ARIN staff about how the policy would be interpreted. My statements
are strictly my own personal interpretation of the community intent and
an expression of my intent as the author of the policy.

Owen