The state of TACACS+

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 23:35:49 UTC 2014

Making the TACAC+ server unavailable is fairly easy - a small LAN-based
DDoS would do it, or a firewall rule change somewhere in the middle. Either
would cause the router to failover to it's local account.

- this is based on the fact that said attacker has some sort of access
previously and wanted to elevate their privileges.