How our young colleagues are being educated....

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:21:55 UTC 2014

I will agree with most of the others that took the Cisco academy courses at
the local community college.  it all depends on the instructor.  My 1st
year was taught in the evenings by a full time Network Engineer.  Best 3
terms I had.  The problem was that year two was taught be a bunch of old
guys that used to teach electronics and DB classes.  So everything the old
DB guy taught was how the network was like a DB.

I think that getting real world teachers are the only way to fix it.
 unfortunately the program went away as the CC could not pay for new
hardware......

Scott