Relative cost of ONT and UPS for FTTP

Carlos Alcantar carlos at race.com
Mon Dec 15 06:45:16 UTC 2014

I can only speak on the building we have / are doing I don¹t know that I
would say the ont represents 1/3 of the cost.  The construction side of
things can get fairly costly getting the plant to the point where you
could just use opti taps.  I¹m not going to say this is everywhere but
with new wind loading regulations for poles and some cities trying to use
our construction as a way to pay for there streets to get fixed, yes we
have been asked to install wheel chair accessible sidewalks and re pave an
entire block when we wanted to bore 100 ft on a block that spanned 1000ft
and 4 lanes wide.  That killed that deal.  We have also had the pleasure
of working with cities and counties that work with us to get the permits
approved which has always been a nice treat.  I don¹t think there is a
formula every situation can be extremely different.  Just my 2 cents.

Carlos Alcantar
Race Communications / Race Team Member
1325 Howard Ave. #604, Burlingame, CA. 94010
Phone: +1 415 376 3314 / carlos at race.com / http://www.race.comI d