Relative cost of ONT and UPS for FTTP

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Dec 14 16:21:20 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jean-Francois Mezei" <jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca>

> Thanks to everyone who provided some valuable info in my query. based
> on a number of responses and some documents my buddy mr Google found
> for me, the cost for the drop to home including CPE ranges between $650 to
> $800. But most of those have full "bundle" deployments that include TV
> service.

I didn't realize that was what you were looking for; that's about the
numbers I got 2 years ago for a 12,000 passing 100% deployment over a
3 sq mi city.  There was a lot of good information in those threads if
you're contemplating doing this from scratch; look for a couple threads
started by me in late 2012; July or on, I think.  Can't remember the
titles, but they oughtta stick out.

Cheers,
-- jra