Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Dec 12 14:43:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 04:33:03PM -0800, Owen DeLong wrote:
> This thread is out of control... I will attempt to summarize the
> salient points in hopes we can stop arguing about inaccurate minutiae.

I concur with this summary and will add this:

It's a pity that the resources which went into this rollout were not
instead applied to deal with a problem that's now a decade old: large-scale
spamming sourced from botted systems on Comcast's network.  Despite
Comcast's "we take the spam problem seriously" statements circa 2004,
spam continues to flow from Comcast-operated networks at a high rate...
as it has for ten years.  See, for reference:

	http://news.cnet.com/2100-1034_3-5218178.html

I wonder how this change will affect that problem.

---rsk