Got a call at 4am - RAID Gurus Please Read

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Fri Dec 12 03:05:30 UTC 2014

Disk space by uid (by group is a plus but not critical), like BSD and
EXTn. And the reason I put "inode" in quotes was to indicate that they
may not (certainly not) be called inodes but an upper limit to the
total number of files and directories, typically to stop a runaway
script or certain malicious or grossly irresponsible behavior.

>From my reading the closest you can get to disk space quotas in ZFS is
by limiting on a per directory (dataset, mount) basis which is similar
but different.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada