Got a call at 4am - RAID Gurus Please Read

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Dec 11 20:25:09 UTC 2014

From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
>> We are now using ZFS RAIDZ and the question I ask myself is, why
>> wasn't I using ZFS years ago?
>
>because it is not production on linux, which i have to use because
>freebsd does not have kvm/ganeti.  want zfs very very badly.  snif.

I keep reading zfs vs btrfs articles and...inconclusive.

My problem with both is I need quotas, both file and "inode", and both
are weaker than ext4 on that, zfs is very weak on this, you can only
sort of simulate them.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada