Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Dec 11 19:53:56 UTC 2014

On 12/11/14 10:16 AM, Livingood, Jason wrote:
> On 12/11/14, 1:06 PM, "Kain, Rebecca (.)" <bkain1 at ford.com> wrote:
>

>> No one who has Comcast, who I've forward this to, knew about this (all US
>> customers).  Maybe you can send here the notification Comcast sent out,
>> to your customers.
>
> I emailed you off-list. I am happy to investigate individual cases. The
> rollout has been happening since probably 2009 or 2010.

Jason,

While that offer is noble, and appreciated, as are your other responses
on this thread; personally I would be interested to hear more about how
customers were notified. Was there a collateral piece included in their
bill? Were they e-mailed?

And are we correct in assuming that this is strictly opt-out? And is the
report that if you opt out with your account that you are not then able
to access the service elsewhere correct?

Completely aside from the fact that other services have done something
similar, I regard all of this as quite troubling, as it seems others
here do as well.

Doug