Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Thu Dec 11 18:10:45 UTC 2014

Here is how you disable it.

1 – Login to the customer portal https://customer.comcast.com/

2 – Click the “Users & Preferences” tab
(see pic @ http://media.bestofmicro.com/4/Z/442115/original/xfinity-how-to-disable-3.jpg)

3 – Click “Manage XFINITY WiFi”
(see pic @ http://media.bestofmicro.com/5/0/442116/original/xfinity-how-to-disable-4.jpg)

4 – Select “Disable XFINITY WiFi” and then click “Save"
(see pic @ http://media.bestofmicro.com/T/0/442980/gallery/The-Money-SHot_w_600.jpg)

Jason

On 12/11/14, 11:30 AM, "Jeff Shultz" <jeffshultz at sctcweb.com<mailto:jeffshultz at sctcweb.com>> wrote:

Or you can just call Comcast and ask them to turn it off. Or you could
in the past.

My in-laws did that when they got their new equipment. I don't know
exactly how they found out it was going to be done - possibly inside
info due to a relative working for Comcast.