Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 11 13:10:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Jeroen van Aart <jeroen at mompl.net> wrote:
> Whose fault would it be if your comcast installed public wifi would be
> abused to download illegal material or launch a botnet, to name some random
> fun one could have on your behalf. :-/

Doesn't work that way. Separate authenticated channel. Presents
differently from you with a different IP address out on the Internet.

What Comcast is stealing is electricity. Pennies per customer times a
boatload of customers.

theft n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person
intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another
without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the
taker's use (including potential sale). In many states, if the value
of the property taken is low (for example, less than $500) the crime
is "petty theft,"

Unless of course the knucklehead jurisdiction passed a law to allow
it. I'm betting they didn't.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?