Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Mr Bugs bugs at debmi.com
Thu Dec 11 03:54:58 UTC 2014

Comcast is pushing DOCSIS 3.0 heavily, and the channel allocation and
configuration in DOCSIS 3.0 is much more flexible, allowing speed
configurations by bonding channels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOCSIS

But the wifi, this is of course making an already crowded and noisy space
much worse. I live in a high density area with people that have wifi, and
its nearly useless. My devices that can be wired are, my 4G cell is often
faster and more reliable than trying to go 2.4ghz 802.11* on the same cell
phone. 5ghz is pretty empty, and I'm about to move to all Asus EA-N66 wifi
network on 5ghz.

I understand what Comcast is trying to do, but I think it should be an
opt-in type of thing instead.