Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

Mr Bugs bugs at debmi.com
Thu Dec 11 02:50:59 UTC 2014

Jeroen,

Not that I agree with this practice, I specifically got my own modem
because of this (and to have it directly attached to a real router) ,
however they use a separate DOCSIS and 802.11 channel so if would follow
that it would be a separate IP tied to comcast corporate and not the
subscriber as well as not taking up your bandwidth.
The bandwidth issue seems to be the only thing they can imagine people
being worried about and when you complain its the only thing they talk
about, making sure you know it wont take up any of your speed or quota.