Followup: Survey results for the ARIN RPA

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Dec 8 22:46:08 UTC 2014

In message <CAPkb-7DmELgaD0F=paXdJZuPgi5vqP0Pp8ysYSL+GkXLDMJU2Q at mail.gmail.com>
, Baldur Norddahl writes:
> We signed our ROAs but we wont be validating anything from the ARIN region.
> I believe you will find this to be the norm. The tool provided by RIPE also
> ignores ARIN by default.
>
> Someone will probably tell me that I am being arrogant again, but basically
> you are asking me to help protect your  routes. And you want me to sign
> something first. I am not going  to even read that agreement. I do not
> believe I am alone in this.

Well the tool is designed to prevent you being fooled by people
injecting bogus routing information.  If you wish to continue to
be fooled so be it.

If I was running a ISP I wouldn't want to be in the position of
explaining why I was accepting bogus routes when I have the way to
reject them.

The agreement is that if you run the tool and there is a mistake
in the data or the servers are not available that you won't sue
ARIN for the mistake.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC