Carrier-grade DDoS Attack mitigation appliance

Tony McKay Tony.McKay at RitterCommunications.com
Mon Dec 8 18:53:09 UTC 2014

Does anyone on list currently use Peakflow SP from Arbor with TMS, and is it truly a carrier grade DDoS detection and mitigation platform?  Anyone have any experience with Plixir?

Tony McKay
Dir. Of Network Operations
Office:  870.336.3449
Mobile:  870.243.0058
-The boundary to your comfort zone fades a little each time you cross it.  Raise your limits by pushing them.

This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces at nanog.org] On Behalf Of Mohamed Kamal
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2014 2:10 PM
To: nanog
Subject: Carrier-grade DDoS Attack mitigation appliance

Have anyone tried any DDoS attack mitigation appliance rather than Arbor PeakFlow TMS? I need it to be carrier-grade in terms of capacity and redundancy, and as far as I know, Arbor is the only product in the market which offers a "clean pipe" volume of traffic, so if the DDoS attack volume is, for example, 1Tbps, they will grant you for example 50Gbps of clean traffic.

Anyway, I'm open to other suggestions, and open-source products that can do the same purpose, we have network development team that can work on this.

Thanks.

--
Mohamed Kamal
Core Network Sr. Engineer