Followup: Survey results for the ARIN RPA

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Dec 8 02:40:23 UTC 2014

> And there in lies my interest in all of this- there is little value in
> signing my org's routes if no one is going to validate them.  It's a bit of
> an odd position in that I have a very high interest in what the rest of the
> community thinks of and how they act with respect to the RPA.  In other
> words, your relationship with ARIN is now of concern to me.
>
> Maybe I'm being naively optimistic in thinking that these are solvable
> problems.

there is the rest of the world, it is a global internet.  the north
american influence decreases continuously, some because of growth of the
global internet, which is a good thing.  some because of noam making
itself less and less relevant, as you point out.

take a look at

   http://archive.psg.com://rpki-rollout.jpg

kinda tells you what's happening, eh?  lacnic has more roll-out than
arin, and proportionally it is even more impressive; over 20% of lacnic
allocations have roas.  and there is ripe, with the sheer numbers.

randy