ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

George, Wes wesley.george at twcable.com
Thu Dec 4 20:06:02 UTC 2014

On 12/4/14, 2:34 PM, "Andrew Gallo" <akg1330 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Am I correct in thinking that the SIDR work going on in the IETF takes the
>registries out of the real-time processing of route
>authentication/attestation?
WG] no, but they're at least discussing ways of making the dependencies
less fragile and more scalable (e.g. Eliminating rsync).

>Is RPKI a stop-gap while we wait for full path validation?  Should we be
>focusing our energies in that area?
WG] Path Validation is a completely separate pig, one which may require
significantly more thrust to achieve escape velocity when compared with
Origin Validation. Origin Validation isn't a stop gap, as much as it is an
incremental step that Path Validation builds on to provide more additional
protection that Origin Validation alone cannot provide. They're intended
to coexist, not replace.

Thanks,

Wes

Anything below this line has been added by my company’s mail server, I
have no control over it.