ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Dec 4 18:34:46 UTC 2014

> On Dec 4, 2014, at 10:17 AM, George, Wes <wesley.george at twcable.com> wrote:
> WG] Has there been any actual discussion about how much "nobody" would
> have to pay for ARIN (or another party) to fix the balance of liability
> and provide a proper SLA that led to "no, I don't want to pay for that"
> conjecture on your part?

I’ve asked a lot of people, “Would you be willing to pay ARIN for RPKI services,” and the answer has always been “no.”  Until I get a “yes,” it’s hard to put a number (other than zero) on how the market values RPKI.  So, asking how much more risk ARIN is willing to take on seems a little premature.

> The problem with free services is that often you get what you pay for when
> it comes to support, warranty, etc.

Yep.

                                -Bill