ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

Alex Band alexb at ripe.net
Thu Dec 4 18:23:11 UTC 2014

> On 4 Dec 2014, at 18:53, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>
> On Dec 4, 2014, at 12:32 PM, George, Wes <wesley.george at twcable.com> wrote:
>> Those are operational matters, implemented by the staff, governed by the
>> board, who is informed by their legal council and staff. That is part of
>> the reason why I brought some of the issues to the NANOG community, since
>> interaction with ARIN board members and staff is what's necessary to make
>> sure the concerns are addressed, and thus it benefits from wider
>> discussion.
>
> Wes -
>
>  I am happy to champion the change that you seek (i.e. will get it reviewed
>  by legal and brought before the ARIN Board) but still need clarity on what
>  change you wish to occur -
>
>     A) Implicit binding to the indemnification/warrant disclaimer clauses
>        (as done by the other RIRs)

Some details on this:

The RIPE NCC offers an RPKI Validator toolset which includes the Trust Anchors for all the RIR repositories except the one for ARIN. On the download page, there is this statement: "By setting up the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the <RIPE NCC Certification Repository Terms and Conditions>."

Download page: https://www.ripe.net/certification/tools-and-resources

T&C: http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/resource-management/certification/legal/ripe-ncc-certification-repository-terms-and-conditions

There are instructions to get the ARIN TAL in the readme and UI of the RPKI Validator:

- http://localcert.ripe.net:8088
- https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-validator/blob/master/rpki-validator-app/README.txt#L122

Cheers,

Alex