ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Dec 4 18:19:03 UTC 2014

>> Comparing what you do with Time Warner cable seems like pure hyperbole and an attempt
>> as CEO to inflame community discussion at minimum.
>
> Actually, it is to remind folks that such indemnification language is
> sought by most ISPs, despite their services being used in a mission
> critical mode by many customers and despite the ISPs efforts to make
> their services be highly reliable.
>
> (One can easily argue that best practices require multiple connections
> or service providers, but that is the same with best practices for RPKI
> use requiring proper preferences to issues with certification data...)
>
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN

I think your question is fair if you are talking to the TWC CEO, but in
this case you are not and it’s disingenuous to pretend otherwise (which
you are attempting through your weak straw-man).

If ARIN isn’t capable of running RPKI or performing its function, which
perhaps we should infer from your talking points, perhaps we should all
transfer our resources out of region and dissolve ARIN?  I don’t think
that would suit the community needs though.

I (similar to Rob) have my own concerns about RPKI but do feel that
this is an ARIN specific construct/wall that has been raised without
action yet from ARIN.  The fact that the meeting was 2 months ago and
you have not acted/discussed with your counsel says everything I need to
know about the situation, your personal motives and your personal desires
for the outcomes.  I hope it doesn’t represent your employer and that
the ARIN Board brings it up with you.

- Jared