ARIN's RPKI Relying agreement

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:13:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 12/4/2014 2:33 PM, Andrew Gallo wrote:

> On 12/4/2014 11:22 AM, William Herrin wrote:
> Understood and good point.  I've heard rumblings of setting up a
> non-ARIN TAL, though I wonder what the value is in separating RPKI from
> the registry.  Wouldn't this put us in the same position we're in with
> routing registries (with respect to data quality)?

Exactly the same. RPKI without the tie-in to the registration database
is just another random database, like the dozens that are out there,
bound to suffer from exactly the same problems current IRRs suffer.

Disclaimer: I work for LACNIC, but in this case, if I was a beggar
playing music at subway stations my opinion would be exactly the same.

Cheers!

Carlos