Google contact: apps vs IPv6 issue

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Wed Dec 3 17:27:16 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-03 17:57, Max Tulyev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Could someone advice a good contact inside Google?

noc at google.com is where this stuff has to go. They claim to read it (and
mostly they do in time).

> I'm operating a IPv6 tunnel broker http://tb.netassist.ua/
>
> Now there are a number of complaints tunnel broker users can't access
> Google Apps with the reason "We're sorry, but this service is not
> available in your country".

That is likely as your address space has shown users with cookies from a
variety of locations not matching where you claim they are coming.

Note that Happy Eyeballs causes folks to use IPv4 + IPv6 and thus
mismatches are easily caught by sites that care to pay attention to that.

> IPv4 access to same pages from Ukraine is OK, and MaxMind GeoIP replies
> our IPv6 network we are using in our service is "NetAssist, Ukraine".

You might want to implement:
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-02

See also for a bit more user-sided detail:
 https://www.sixxs.net/faq/misc/?faq=geolocation

Do note that you need to have a good trust factor there for Google to
accept the geofeed.

Greets,
 Jeroen