Broken IPv6 firmware on U-Verse 3801HGV

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Thu Aug 28 20:07:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 01:50:29AM +0000, Ivan Kozik wrote:
> All for naught, though.  With IPv6 enabled, the 3801HGV crashed and
> rebooted about once an hour.   After unchecking "IPv6 LAN Enabled" in
> http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_6 everything went back to normal.

This happened to me as well.  I called support, they rolled a truck and installed
the NVG589.  Had them come back out a week later and bond the pairs, and
IPv6 via their 6RD is working without issue.

At the time, I thought it was an actual hardware issue.  After a few reboot
cycles, it was only staying up ~3 seconds at a time before rebooting again.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)