Verizon connectivity issues

Bacon, Ricky (RJ) rj.bacon at verizon.com
Thu Aug 28 14:18:19 UTC 2014

Hi Chris!

@Ryan, XO was accurate, the peering connection between 6 and 7 is not congested, nor is it taking any sort of errors.

I took a look.  The significant increase in rtt seems to happen between 7 and 8 (an Verizon LSP consisting of multiple physical routers).  That hop traverses the continental US from San Jose to Philadelphia, so you would expect that, and I don't see anything going on in that path.  The end to end rtt is pretty normal, and in any case, it shouldn't prevent your customers from connecting.  I am not seeing any packet loss on that path.  It's possible that whatever they saw was a transient issue and may be over now.

So, please double check with your customers to verify that they still have problems.  If so, continue to escalate the ticket.

-- rj