127.0.53.53 in logs?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Aug 24 19:00:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if any resolver operators were seeing 127.0.53.53 in log files. For anyone who isn’t aware, seeing that address would suggest a “name collision” (see https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-collision-2013-12-06-en if you don’t know what that is). As currently over 300 new generic TLDs have been delegated and there was much ... ‘discussion’ about the risk associated with the delegation of those TLDs, I’d be interested in hearing about anything anyone is seeing related to “name collision".

Thanks,
-drc