Ebay/Paypal blocking HTTP access based on SORBS DUHL / Spamhaus PBL

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Thu Aug 21 13:23:51 UTC 2014

hey,

For a while now, we have been getting complains from our broadband
customers about not being able to reach ebay.com/paypal.com

We have nailed it down to some small prefixes and they are all listed in
SORBS DUHL / Spamhaus PBL and have been listed for ages. These are
indeed dynamic IP pools and should not send any email (not that SMTP has
anything to do with HTTP).

For some reason, it looks like ebay/paypal is now blocking HTTP access
based on these blacklists.

Does anyone have working contact in their NOC or with security people?
All emails to public contacts have not been answered to.

--
tarko