Huawei's Versatile Routing Platform (VRP)

nanog at jack.fr.eu.org nanog at jack.fr.eu.org
Tue Aug 19 19:45:22 UTC 2014

It works fine
The cli syntax is quite similar to iOS in shape, but keywords are different
You won't (almost) understand everything on the fly, reading to
documentation in *not* an option (is it somewhere ?); By the way,
Huawei's documentation is a bit ugly, not as versatile as Cisco's; You
will have troubles to understand some features if you are "new" with
these (eg protocols, techs etc). If you master these, I guess the docs
will be more understable for you.

I did not used them for routing but switching, they are really
performing good

If you plan to buy such product, keep in mind these points:
- don't mix Huawei & cisco (or anything else), you might have trouble
(as you'll get with any other constuctor mix)
- low cost switches seems to be less awesome that high-end products; You
may get more "not working" unit;