So Philip Smith / Geoff Huston's CIDR report becomes worth a good hard look today

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Wed Aug 13 07:10:19 UTC 2014

Subject: So Philip Smith / Geoff Huston's CIDR report becomes worth a good hard look today Date: Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 09:40:55PM +0530 Quoting Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com):
> 512K routes, here we come.  Lots of TCAM based routers suddenly become
> really expensive doorstops.

We had a planned outage yesterday 2300 UTC to perform the operation Hank
mentions. Alas, around 0850UTC the table went "critical" and we had to
do an emergency reboot. Well, the good part is that all 10G line cards
survived, and we're back in operation. The new routers are bought or
in the investment plan for this year. Just need to wait until it's time
for our vendors fiscal year end race...

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668