So Philip Smith / Geoff Huston's CIDR report becomes worth a good hard look today

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Aug 13 05:40:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 08:08:04 +0300, Hank Nussbacher said:

> We went with 768 - enough time to replace the routers with ASR9010s.  It is
> merely a stop-gap measure to give everyone time to replace their routers in
> an orderly fashion.

The same people who, knowing the 6509 had this default config issue, and
neither replaced the gear nor did the reconfig to buy time *before* the
wall got hit, are going to replace said 6509 in orderly fashion?

Hank, you gotta learn to wear respiratory apparatus when working near
open containers of magic router pixie dust - that stuff can screw you up
if you inhale it. :)