fire ants

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Tue Aug 12 20:02:28 UTC 2014

On 8/12/2014 at 2:59 PM Tom Morris wrote:

|Terro is my go-to for that... it's basically boric acid mixed with a
sugar
|solution. The ants eat it and perish. It's the only thing I've found
that
|works on the infamous Crazy Rasberry Ants that like to eat
electrical
|panels.

In case someone tries to mix up a batch themselves, Terro is better
described as Borax in a sugar solution[1].

Borax is the trade name of a salt of boric acid.

I've been using a mixture of Borax and honey to keep the ants at bay
for a few years.  Use the search engine of your choice to search for
Borax and ants.   You'll find a plethora of recipes.

HTH

[1] http://www.terro.com/blog/using-borax-around-children-and-pets