Dealing with abuse complaints to non-existent contacts

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Aug 10 22:31:25 UTC 2014

On Aug 10, 2014, at 1:28 PM, goemon at anime.net wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Paul S. wrote:
>> It would appear you've done your part in trying to reach out (and subsequently failed), so the next step to go is dropping all traffic from it.
>>
>> Nothing wrong with trying to protect your own customer from people who cannot be bothered to do their own due diligence.
>
> It would be nice if allocations would be revoked due to invalid/fake contact info.
>
> -Dan

I kind of agree, but past efforts in this regard have not met with consensus from the ARIN community.

If you believe this to be the case, I suggest putting it into template format and submitting to policy at arin.net.

I’m happy to help if you would like. Subscribing to arin-ppml will allow you to participate in the community discussion of the policy proposal.

Owen