Anyone running Knot?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 7 03:26:11 UTC 2014

LWN this week covers the Knot DNS server, written by/for the .cz root zone ops, which can, amongst other interesting attributes, load the entire 35 million record .net zone in 10 seconds.

It also does generated synthetic A, 4A, and PTR records, like the old DENTS server written for mindspring.

Is anybody here using it? Or knows of it being used somewhere they're permitted to discuss? Is it suitable for running on... much smaller zones? or does the optimization make it impractical?

Cheers,
-jra