Remooted: a deployment design for Muni Fiber (was Re: Muni Fiber and Politics)

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Aug 5 23:01:29 UTC 2014

Is there any way we could stop this discussion until we can get some
participants who have experience doing things like emergency
post-ice-storm overhead circuit restoration to show up and explain
exactly why charging a small one-time fee for a fiber from A to Z is
probably not a sustainable model?

In the meantime, I'd like to see the city where an ISP can buy as many
of the microducts as they want. I'd like to buy them all, please...
though I have no intention of running anything though them, as I'm an
investor in the local cable TV company.

Matthew Kaufman