Muni Fiber and Politics

Vlade Ristevski vristevs at ramapo.edu
Sat Aug 2 13:10:43 UTC 2014

I might be misunderstanding this, but are you guys saying 10G Internet
access to a tier 1 costs around $6,000 a month? I ask because I run a
network for a small college and the best price I could get on 1Gbps
Internet is about $5,500 a month with the fiber loop included which
itself costs $2000-$2500.    Or are you guys discussing a different type
connection?

The quotes I got were from Cogent, Lightpath, Level 3, Verizon ($8,000)
and I think even ATT a few years back. I'm out in the NJ suburbs about
30 miles from Manhattan. If there is a cheaper way to get good
bandwidth, I'm all ears. We're in Mahwah , NJ.

Thanks,