Muni Fiber and Politics

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sat Aug 2 00:09:59 UTC 2014

On Aug 1, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Scott Helms <khelms at zcorum.com> wrote:

> Even in those cases where there isn't a layer 3 operator nor a chance for a viable resale of layer 1/2 services.

I have a very hard time believing that if a city (no matter what size) had a FTTH deployment, sold on a non-discriminatory basis to any providers, that there would ever be zero layer 3 operators.  Maybe it’s a corner case that will occur in one small town somewhere that the long haul is crazy expensive to reach, but it’s not a general problem that policy needs to optimize to handle.