The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they couldenshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

bedard.phil at gmail.com bedard.phil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:56:55 UTC 2014

If it was Netflix connected to say Cogent and Comcast connected to Level3 you would have the same unbalanced ratios between Cogent/Level3 for the same reasons.  Level3 would likely be wanting compensation from Cogent for it...  It is such a large amount of bandwidth these days it's not made up by other traffic.

I am not saying any of it is right, but precedents in the past have led to this.

Phil