The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Mon Apr 28 09:32:46 UTC 2014

On 14-04-27 02:58, Hugo Slabbert wrote:

> Which I don't believe was a problem?  Again, outside looking in, but the appearances seemed to indicate that Comcast was refusing to upgrade capacity/ports, whereas I didn't see anything indicating that Netflix was doing the same.  So:

Funny how that problem was magically solved so rapidly the minute the
deal was inked. Seems to me like Comcast was rate limiting IP ranges and
removed the rate limit once the deal was inked. This was all about
politics/business, not about network management.

Also interesting how other ISPs have no problem with Netflix.