The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Sun Apr 27 18:26:30 UTC 2014

Everyone interested in how this plays out today, can read Bill Norton's
Internet Peering book.  While some say situations "didn't happen this way
or it happened that way" doesn't really matter. What is clear and matters
is the tactics/leverage backbones and networks use against each other in
trading traffic are very real and explained well.

These situations are one of the reasons I helped Coresite (AKA old
CRGwest) build Any2 Peering.

Amazon now has a kindle edition of the latest for just $10. Paper version
is like $50-$100.
The 2014 Internet Peering Playbook: Connecting to the Core of the Internet
[Kindle Edition]
William B. Norton (Author).

 Bob Evans
 CTO