The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sat Apr 26 03:16:58 UTC 2014

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree. If you think things like "patent enforcement" == "government protected monopoly", we are at an impasse.

Well, leaving aside what one thinks of patents and copyrights - a
"government protected monopoly" is EXACTLY what a patent is, by definition:

"To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for
limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their
respective Writings and Discoveries;"

Or do you have some different definition of "exclusive Right?"

But we digress.

Miles Fidelman