The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Apr 25 22:47:01 UTC 2014

On 4/25/2014 8:23 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2014, at 00:57 , Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I just posted a completely empty message for which I apologize.
>>
>>> Larry is confused. He can claim he is not, but posting to NANOG
>>> does not change the facts. Then again, just because I posted to
>>> NANOG doesn't prove I'm right either. Worst of all, this thread
>>> is pretty non-operational now.
>>
>> In a private message I asked if he could name a single monopoly
>> that existed without regulation to protect its monopoly power.
>
> I answered in a private message: Microsoft.
>
> Kinda obvious if you think about it for, oh, say, 12 microseconds.

"OK, so you are a troll.

Microsoft is among the most heavily protected-by-regulation companies I
can think of.

Have you ever seen their patent collection?  Can you guess at the size
of their infringement-enforcement staff?  Do you have any idea how many
court-room hours are spent each day protecting their monopoly?"

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: