Pluggable Coherent DWDM 10Gig

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:59:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Tim Durack <tdurack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if pluggable coherent DWDM 10Gig optics exist? (I'm finding no
> such thing.)
>
> How about narrow-band/filtered receive 10Gig optics? (Inline FBG filter
> receive side might be doable?)
>
> --
> Tim:>
>
> p.s. Before you ask, DTAG Terastream has got me thinking...

As a follow up, there are lots of people willing to sell various flavours
of DWDM optics, but as I suspected, there is no such thing as a
coherent/tuned/filtered receive 10GigE DWDM optic. All 10GigE optics are
wide-band receive. However, you can get inline optical filters, Santec
OFM-15 for example. Investigating...

--
Tim:>