The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri Apr 25 13:45:24 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-25 15:23 , Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
[..]
> While it is probably true that the gov't had a hand in the fact I
> have exactly one BB provider at my home, I am not even closed to
> convinced that a purely open market would not have resulted in the
> same problem. But thanx for pointing out an answer I probably
> missed.

In the Netherlands almost all bigger ISPs (the ones that cover quite a
large amount of the effective customer base) are now owned again by the
former government-started-then-turned-private ISP who has been buying up
various ISPs over the years.

Oh, and yes, the Dutch Regulatory organization did not see any problem
with this monopoly growing....

All sounds like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso right? :)

Greets,
 Jeroen