Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Apr 22 20:28:34 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 01:15 PM, Matthew Huff wrote:
> I wouldn't manage a corporate network without a centrally managed firewall (stateful; or not).

Matthew,

No one is saying that. What Roland is saying, and the position that I
agree with, is that putting a firewall in front of a system _that is
intended to be ON the Internet, serving external users_, is a bad idea.

I think it's a given that you'd want to protect your internal systems
with a firewall (except for the aforementioned IPv6 illuminati, of whom
I am not one).

Doug