OT:[Infowarrior] - NSA Said to Have Used Heartbleed Bug for Years

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Apr 21 23:45:54 UTC 2014

--- mikea at mikea.ath.cx wrote:
From: Mike A <mikea at mikea.ath.cx>
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 03:47:25PM -0700, Scott Weeks wrote:

> :: There being no cable between the Hawaiian Islands
> :: and the mainland at the time
>
> Wait...what?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_communications_cable#Submarine_cables_across_the_Pacific
>
> "The first trans-pacific cables were completed in 1902-03, linking the
> US mainland to Hawaii in 1902 and Guam to the Philippines in 1903.
> Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji were also linked in 1902.

Thanks! I slouch (really comfy chair) corrected. But the War Dept. didn't have
the cable sent by cable.

And I really am grateful for the information.

No problem and no biggie.  I have a picture of the guys in the
ceremony for the first official message sent to the US mainland
on my wall here because I have always been interested in the
history of communications here in Hawaii since I first found out
about ALOHAnet. :-)

http://atlantic-cable.com//Article/1902-JournElec/1902-CPC-08.jpg
http://atlantic-cable.com//Article/1902-JournElec

scott