Yahoo DMARC breakage

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:18:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Elizabeth Zwicky <zwicky at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> I believe that our public statements make it clear that we realize that
> significant use cases are broken:
>
> http://yahoo.tumblr.com/post/82426971544/an-update-on-our-dmarc-policy-to-p
> rotect-our-users
>
> http://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/82426900353/yahoo-dmarc-policy-change-what
> -should-senders-do
>
>         Elizabeth Zwicky

While this issue has been beaten into the ground quite far, it's
important to point out that  Mailinglist sofware is adapting to
address the headaches thrust upon us by your own internal spam
problems.  ;-)  Fairly soon NANOG and other Mailman based lists will
be able to flip a switch and wrap+attach emails from domains with
strict policies.  It may clutter up the archives a bit, but eventually
users will tire of it and move on to a not-so-anal email service. :-)

-Jim P.