Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 18:44:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM, George William Herbert
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:10 PM, "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
> I don't know where you find ideas like this.
>
> There are stateful firewalls in the security packages in front of all the internet facing servers in all the major service providers I've worked at.  Not *just* stateful firewalls, but they're in there.
> That one company is trying something different does not mean there isn't widespread standardized use of the technology.

There is not widespread use of stateful firewall units with the
stateful element as a single point of failure in front of large public
web farms.

This is different from  "security package software" on individual web servers.

There is plenty of one-off usage in small web farms, where DDoS is not
a concern.

--
-JH