Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

George William Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 18:08:26 UTC 2014

Sent from Kangphone

On Apr 18, 2014, at 9:10 PM, "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:

> You can 'call' it all you like - but people who actually want to keep their servers up and running don't put stateful firewalls in front of them,

I don't know where you find ideas like this.

There are stateful firewalls in the security packages in front of all the internet facing servers in all the major service providers I've worked at.  Not *just* stateful firewalls, but they're in there.

That one company is trying something different does not mean there isn't widespread standardized use of the technology.

-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com