Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Apr 18 23:34:56 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Lee Howard <Lee at asgard.org> wrote:
> On 4/17/14 11:51 AM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>Also, I note your draft is entitled "Requirements for IPv6 Enterprise
>>Firewalls." Frankly, no "enterprise" firewall will be taken seriously
>>without address-overloaded NAT. I realize that's a controversial
>>statement in the IPv6 world but until you get past it you're basically
>>wasting your time on a document which won't be useful to industry.
>
> You've said this before, and it is still an absurdly over-broad statement.

Hi Lee,

That tends to happen when one takes a nuanced topic involving the
intersection of technology with human social behavior and boils it
down to two sentences. Perhaps I could have said, "taken seriously by
enough of your target audience without."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004