Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Apr 18 23:03:53 UTC 2014

Ignoring security, A is superior because I can change it to DNAT to the new server, or DNAT to the load balancer now that said server needs 10 replicas, etc.

B requires re-numbering the server or *if* I am lucky enough that it is reached by DNS name and I can change that DNS promptly, assigning a new address and adding another firewall rule that didn't exist.

Matthew Kaufman

(Sent from my iPhone)