Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

Jim Clausing jim.clausing at acm.org
Fri Apr 18 19:49:36 UTC 2014

And maybe I'm just dense, but ho one has been able to tell me how I
accomplish this in IPv6 without NAT, I have the requirement in certain
circumstances to transparently redirect all outbound DNS (well, on TCP or
UDP port 53) and/or SMTP (TCP ports 25 and 587) to my own servers.  No,
simply blocking it at the firewall and making the user "fix" the problem
is not an option (especially when the problem is created by malware).  It
is a simple rule in IPTABLES for IPv4, but how do I accomplish it in IPv6?
Not flaming or anything, but I really want to know how I'm supposed to
accomplish that in the ideal IPv6 world with no NAT?

--
Jim Clausing
GIAC GSE #26, GREM(G), CISSP

On or about Fri, 18 Apr 2014, Simon Perreault pontificated thusly: